Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Workers in the Harvest

This morning I was continuing my journey through Matthew and read Matt 9:35-38.  "Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness. 36 When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. 37 Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. 38 Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.”


This is such a rich passage, but my focus was drawn to the last line.  A couple of thoughts struck me:


1)  Its His Harvest field
2)  He is the Lord (Master) of the Harvest
3)  We are workers He sends out to Harvest in His fields
4)  He will give us the proper tools and abilities to be successful, just like any other farmer at harvest time
5)  He demonstrated what the harvest would look like in verse 35 - "proclaiming the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness"
6)  These are just the tools of the harvest, like scythes and rakes 


Lord help me to have faith to be one of the workers you have equipped and sent into Your harvest field, and see an effective harvest.

No comments:

Post a Comment