Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Monday, June 6, 2011

Forgiveness and Healing

This morning while continuing to work my way through Matthew, I was meditating on Matt: 9:1-8, and verse 8 really caught my eye.  It reads "When the crowd saw this (healing of the paralyzed man), they were filled with awe; and they praised God, who had given such authority (to forgive sin and heal) to man."  


As I was thinking about this verse, I was reminded of a verse in James.  James 5:15-16.  It reads, " And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. 16Therefore confess your sins to each other (forgiveness is implied here) and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective."


I know I have read through these verse before, but today the link of forgiveness of sins and healing was highlighted.  In James, its clear that confession of sins to one another and praying for the sick person also involves forgiveness of their sins Vs. 15 "If they have sinned, they will be forgiven."


What an incredible gift the Lord gives us in providing a cleansing for our soul and healing for our body, all together.  Lord help us experience this truth in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment