Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Unbelief and Healing

I was reading the NKJV (New King James Version) of Matt 17, and Jesus response to the disciples about why they couldn't heal the boy with Epilepsy, really struck my heart.  Matt 17:20 reads, "So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief;..."   Here is the only instance that I know of where the reason for someone not being healed is given and it is the unbelief of the disciples!


I was confronted by my own lack of results when praying for people, and had to admit that much is the result of my unbelief.  As I was thinking this through, I felt the Lord confront me about how I am more likely to give people advice to try a cold remedy that is available from your local store than I am to pray for them, or suggest prayer.  


I then remembered James 2:14, "What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds?" (NIV) I realized that this is exactly my situation.  I say I have faith for God to heal, but I rarely pray for people to be healed.  


Lord, help me in my unbelief, and help me to truly believe, in word, heart and deeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment