Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Confessing Quickly

This morning I was reading through the minor prophet Micah and Mic 7:9-10a caught my attention. It reads, " Because I have sinned against him, I will bear the LORD’s wrath, until he pleads my case and establishes my right. He will bring me out into the light; I will see his righteousness. 10 Then my enemy will see it and will be covered with shame..."

I thought about how perfectly this expresses our reality as Christians, as follows:

  1. If we sin, we cause separation in our relationship with Christ.  We bear the consequences of our sin.
  2. Until He pleads our case and establishes our right (righteousness).  In other words until we come under His redemption and atonement - for when we confess our sins, His righteousness is applied to us. (1 John 1:9)   We become clothed in Him - so in essence He pleads His own case for rightness on our behalf (See Gal 3:19-29 for some more discussion on this). He becomes our atonement - and His righteousness is given to all who receive it in faith (Romans 3:19-31).
  3. Once we are forgiven, He brings us into the Light of His love and we see Him and what He has done on our behalf (2 Cor 4:6).
  4. Shame is cast away from the redeemed, for we have been forgiven and our sins are washed away.  (Romans 10:11)
So, the quicker we confess our sins, the quicker we are cleansed and our unrighteousness is washed away, replaced by His righteousness, and the separation we have caused is removed.  Let us hasten to confess our sins, for He is faithful and merciful.   It says in 1 John 1:9, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."


Thank You Lord for all that You have accomplished on my behalf.  Taking my place and covering me with Your own righteousness; casting my shame away from me and revealing to me the light of Your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment