Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Walking in God's Light

This morning I was reading from Psalm 53:2 which states:


"God looks down from heaven on all mankind to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God."


Its so important for us to understand our need for the Lord. We not only need to recognize this, but in this we should be driven to seek Him in our need. God is looking for those that are seeking Him and His ways. Our constant reflection should be a review of our pursuit of God and His understanding concerning our situation. So often, I am plugging along never bothering to gain God's understanding, nor ever even inquiring. In the next verse the Lord states the reality that we all operate in this way, and condemns this behavior as sin.


I am reminded of Isaiah 50:11 which says:


"But now, all you who light fires and provide yourselves with flaming torches, go, walk in the light of your fires and of the torches you have set ablaze. This is what you shall receive from my hand: You will lie down in torment."


Lord, help us to look to You for understanding, the light of understanding, rather than lighting our own lights. We would rather walk in Your light any day, than ours .

No comments:

Post a Comment