Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Fulfilling Your Destiny

This morning while praying I was reading briefly through Isaiah 55, which is one of my favorite chapters.  I was meditating on Is 55:11 which reads, 


"...so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."  


As I thought about this the Lord reminded me that He had called me by name, spoken a word about me - 


Is 43:1b Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine." 


and even written my life out!


Psalm 139:16 "All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."


In other words, God has a plan for my life.  He spoke this plan into being, and He will see that I fulfill it. I don't have to listen to any thoughts that say I have missed my opportunity, or messed up so bad that God will not use me, or any of the other hundreds of lies that might get thrown my way!


Psalm 138:8 says, "The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me..."


If God says it, who can thwart Him?  The truth is that our destiny is found in the Lord.  He has a plan.  He is not worried - He is God!  He has spoken about our destiny and knows what it is.  If we are looking to understand our destiny then the best place to go is to Him.  He is the one who sees all and understands all!  All I need to do is ask, and wait for the answer.  He is faithful and loving.  He desires our best.  He wants us to be fulfilled.


Thank You Lord for Your truth!  Psalm 37 sums it up well:



 3 "Trust in the LORD and do good;
   dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
4 Delight yourself in the LORD
   and he will give you the desires of your heart.
 5 Commit your way to the LORD;
   trust in him and he will do this:
6 He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn,
   the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.
 7 Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him;"

Amen!  Help me Lord to walk in these truths.

No comments:

Post a Comment