Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Trusting God In All My Ways

This morning I am using a new electronic journal, so the formatting and look my be different, but I don't have to re-type everything. Hopefully it won't be a distraction.


When I sat down to read this morning I turned to Proverbs and was reading in Chapter 3.


Prov 3:5-10


" Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. [a]7 Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil. 8 This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones. 9 Honor the LORD with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops; 10 then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine."


As I was reading this I felt that the focus on trusting the Lord, letting Him lead, not trusting in ourselves, not trusting our perspective, waiting on Him and then honoring Him was so critical. It says to acknowledge Him in all our ways - which is definitely a challenge, as some of my ways I am not even aware of consciously. Lord, help me to be aware of any of my ways where I am not acknowledging You.


I am reminded of Jer. 17:5-8


"5 This is what the LORD says: “Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who depends on flesh for his strength and whose heart turns away from the LORD. 6 He will be like a bush in the wastelands; he will not see prosperity when it comes. He will dwell in the parched places of the desert, in a salt land where no one lives.7 “But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. 8 He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.”


- and Jer. 6:16
"This is what the LORD says: “Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls."


Clearly the Lord is speaking of His desire to lead us, guide us and help us. If we can get ourselves past self-reliance we can move into the things He has planned for us, which includes His provision. I think one of my main issues is my impatience, never wanting to wait, but needing to have things figured out, when I want them figured out.


Lord please help me to wait on You and trust Your timing and plan. I can almost see dad teaching me to fish, trying to get me to wait while the fish nibbled on the bait "wait for it, wait for it! Ok, now!" There is definitely a correlation between our waiting and His provision, as He is trying to get us to move past ourselves. I know that waiting causes me to stop, consider what I am doing and control myself.


Lord help me to learn to wait and trust!

No comments:

Post a Comment