Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Thursday, January 26, 2012

How Do You Think About God?





I think that A. W. Tozer said that the single most important thing is how we think about God. I just was reminded about this as I opened my bible to Matt 16:13-16 which says:


13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”


14 They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”


15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”


16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, [a] the Son of the living God.”


Lord, its so important that we remember that You are God, our Lord and our Savior. You are not just a good teacher, some wise man, someone who is only our friend. Rather, You are the only true God! You are creator of all things and so far beyond our comprehension, so unknowable in Your greatness, that we can scarcely comprehend even a small slice of Your character. Lord help me to think correctly about You. 


In the verses following this scripture, its clear that the ability to do this is also a gift, so I ask for that ability - revelation of who You truly are, and what You are about in my life and the lives of those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment