Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Friday, February 3, 2012

Overcoming in Difficult Circumstances

This morning I was reading Romans 8:37-39:


37 "No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, [a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."


As I read this famous verse, I am drawn to the first statement - being more than conquerors. One of the biblical commentators says it this way:


"they have more than overcome, they have exceedingly the better of it; for they not only patiently bear afflictions and persecutions, but they glory in them; their experience, faith, and joy, are often increased by them; they have sometime solicited, and even wearied their persecutors; they have got the victory with ease, over Satan and his hellish emissaries, by the blood of the Lamb, and the word of their testimony: but this is not owing to themselves, or through their own strength, but through him that loved us;" New John Gill Exposition of the Entire Bible


I like the thought of how they basically turned the tables on the circumstances and situations, turning what was meant to cause them pain, frustration, and separation into something that drew them closer to God and gave them greater confidence in Him. I was listening to a preacher recently who calls this "flipology" the ability to take something meant for bad, and turning it into a blessing and something that encourages us in our Christian walk.


Amen! Help me Lord to be more than a conqueror in all situations!

No comments:

Post a Comment