Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Choose the Path of Life

This morning I was reading from Psalm 16 again.


Psalm 16:9-11


"Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure, 10 because you will not abandon me to the grave,  nor will you let your Holy One see decay. 11 You have made  known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand."


Yes Lord, you have made known to me the path of life, I just need to learn to walk in it. I need to choose to walk in this path. When I choose this path, You will be present, and in that place of closeness I find joy. In that place of closeness you also distribute eternal pleasures... things that last and are of value in eternity. The joy and eternal pleasures are so much more valuable than any earthly possession.


This morning we were talking about how our western / American mindset and situation make it difficult for us to have an eternal mindset. We are so distracted by the here and now, and our situation is such that we are satisfied with what we have. Its not like we have terrible lives so that a  hope of a life in Heaven helps us through the difficulty of our situation. Most of the time, I am not really in need, so I don't set my mind and heart on anything else.


I guess we are like the church in Laodicea. Rev 3:17-18 describes them as follows:


17 "You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. 18 I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see."


Lord help me to recognize my true state, and see the value of what I have, versus what You offer - joy in Your presence and eternal pleasures. You make known to all of us this path of life, through following Jesus. We just need to choose to walk in this path. As John wrote in his first letter:


1 John 5:11-12


11 "And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life."


Amen!



No comments:

Post a Comment