Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Difficulty, Suffering and Freedom

This morning as I was praying I was thinking about God's incredible grace and mercy. I was reminded of how Jesus came to those who were hurting, experiencing many types of difficulty and how He set them free. Here are several verses that came to mind.


Matt 9:12-13
12 "On hearing this, Jesus said, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 13 But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’ For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”


If we are feeling weak, sinful, downtrodden, etc. Jesus came for us!


Matt 9:35-36
35 "Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness. 36 When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd."


He sees our condition and has compassion on us, in the midst of our struggles.


Romans 5:1-5
1 "Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. 3 Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."


As we turn to God in the mist of our sufferings, He transforms us! Instead of weakness and suffering, we can instead experience hope and His love.


Romans 8:1-2
1 "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death."


Jesus came to set us free!


2 Corinthians 6:2
"For he says, “In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.” I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation."


Today is the Day! We don't have to wait! We can turn to Him and experience His compassion, grace, mercy, hope and love today! Today can be the day of our salvation!

No comments:

Post a Comment