Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Monday, February 6, 2012

Freedom

This morning one of the themes of my prayer time was freedom.  The following two verses came to mind as I was thinking about this theme.


2 Corinthians 3:17
'Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom."


Galatians 5:1
"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery."


As I was praying, I felt encouraged to review the place of freedom in my walk with God. Both the Holy Spirit and Jesus are committed to our freedom. The question I need to put to myself, is whether or not I am experiencing this freedom. Am I free to worship, am I free to share, am I free to express my love for Christ, am I free to pursue the things that I am being called forward into? Am I feeling constrained, am I feeling chained down in some area of my life?  Am I giving someone or something power over me in my life?


Jesus came to proclaim freedom over our lives. In Luke 4:18-19 He said,  “The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, 19 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”


We need only to cry out to Him for He purchased our freedom with His life, He will certainly lead us to that place of freedom, freeing us from any chains, or prison that we find ourselves in. Let us trust in Jesus and take Him at His word. He was sent to release the oppressed.


No comments:

Post a Comment