Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Meditations on Psalm 19

This Morning I was reading from Psalm 19, and these are a couple of thoughts I had as I spent time with God.


(NIV)Psalm 19:12-14
"But who can discern their own errors? Forgive my hidden faults. [13] Keep your servant also from willful sins; may they not rule over me. Then I will be blameless, innocent of great transgression. [14] May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer."


As I was reading Psalm 19, the verses listed above stood out to me. Verses 12 & 13 talk about our sinfulness as I understand it. There is in me, hidden faults and sin that I am not yet aware of, things that will be revealed as I draw closer to the Lord and His divine light penetrates deeper into my being. There is also willful sin, that which I am aware of as sin, yet choose to do. 


 Lord, I ask that You would continue to help me become more and more like You. Help me to gain freedom, through Your forgiveness and grace, from all my willful sins and patterns of behavior, as well as those areas yet unknown to me where I am sinning. I want to be like You in all my ways. I thank You that You have paid the price for all my sin, both seen and unseen, known and unknown. You extend forgiveness to us all, for all our sins.


Verse 14 is also so important, that I not only pay attention to my words, but also to what I dwell on in my heart. You pay attention to these both Lord, so should I. Lord help me to put into my heart things that are pleasing to You. I want my thoughts and the things I dwell on to be the things that draw me closer to You. That all might be for Your glory - my words, my thoughts, my actions, my imaginations and my dreams.


I also like the second part of verse 8: "The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes." As I think about this, it seems like the commands of the Lord are the illumination that allows us to see and make sense of our surroundings. In the dark, we mistake things, don't perceive things correctly, and generally fumble around. His commands area not only meant to guide us, but to enlighten us as well, help us to understand where we are and where we are going.

No comments:

Post a Comment