Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Jesus Will Meet Our Need

This morning I was reading in Matt 9:18-25:


18 "While he was saying this, a ruler came and knelt before him and said, “My daughter has just died. But come and put your hand on her, and she will live.” 19 Jesus got up and went with him, and so did his disciples.


20 Just then a woman who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years came up behind him and touched the edge of his cloak. 21 She said to herself, “If I only touch his cloak, I will be healed.”


22 Jesus turned and saw her. “Take heart, daughter,” he said, “your faith has healed you.” And the woman was healed from that moment.


23 When Jesus entered the ruler’s house and saw the flute players and the noisy crowd, 24 he said, “Go away. The girl is not dead but asleep.” But they laughed at him. 25 After the crowd had been put outside, he went in and took the girl by the hand, and she got up."


As I was praying this morning, the Lord reminded me of these two stories interwoven together. They are both stories of how Jesus met the needs of the people. The clear sense I had was that we need to know that Jesus cares enough for us to touch us regardless of how. In both cases, the people came to Jesus. The father came to Jesus asking for Him to touch his daughter, the women came for herself, but they both knew that in coming to Jesus, they might find an answer to their prayer.


I was encouraged as I read this that no matter the severity of the situation, or how long the situation has gone on, Jesus can, and will move, if only we will come to Him.


Lord, I take heart that You are willing to meet my needs. You would come to my house if I asked. You would not reject me, or scoff at my request. You would bless what little faith I had and move in my life. Others might laugh at my faith in You, but You will care for me and have mercy on me. Thank You Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment