Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Help in Making Hard Decisions

Last night I was reading from James 3:

NIV)James 3:17-18
But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. [18] Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness.

I've never really thought about the above verse as a discernment tool, but it really is. It gives the characteristics of that which comes from the Father. So if we are asking ourselves is something (an idea or decision) is from God, we can look at this list and start working down it, starting with purity.

Purity: Are there alterior motives? Are there components of this which Jesus would never do? Is there a clarity?

Peace-loving: Does this cause division or strife? Are you being vengeful in any way? Will someone be hurt in this situation?

Considerate: Are you looking at the impact to other people? Are you laying down your life for others?

Submissive: Are you under the Lord's authority in general in your life? Are you open to suggestions for betterment from others?

Full of Mercy and Good Fruit: What will the result bring? Will our love for the Lord be evident?

Impartial: Are you taking sides? Do you have a clear heart and mind about either option or choice?

Sincere: Are you being honest with God? Are you being honest with yourself? Do you desire to become more like the Lord?

No comments:

Post a Comment