Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Bread That Satisfies

(NIV)John 6:35
Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.

As I was reading this, I was thinking about how so many of us hunger and thirst for things that are not of God. Jesus is clearing speaking about the condition of our souls, not our stomachs. All of us have a longing in our souls, and many of us don't know how to fill it, and many of us aren't even aware of this deep need and emptiness. In this condition, we fill ourselves with lesser things, but they don't really satisfy, they don't really still our hunger or thirst. Its like drinking salty water or eating empty calories, it only increases our hunger and thirst. Whether its music, movies, TV, social media, food or some other thing, anything that is not the Lord will only satisfy us for a short time and leave us wanting more, needing more. Even those of us who know God, can end up filling our life's with other things, rather than the one thing that truly satisfies - Jesus.

Lord, help us to recognize both our need and Your ability to fill that need. You truly are the Bread of Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment