Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Monday, March 11, 2013

A New Song

This morning I am reading out of Psalm 98:1-3 NIV:

[1] "Sing to the Lord a new song, for he has done marvelous things; his right hand and his holy arm have worked salvation for him. [2] The Lord has made his salvation known and revealed his righteousness to the nations. [3] He has remembered his love and his faithfulness to Israel; all the ends of the earth have seen the salvation of our God."

Such a good verse to start the week with, as I am reminded of the goodness of God and the fact that He has done marvelous things. We were talking yesterday in church about remembering the good things He has done in our life, not the things we wish He would do. Focusing on the good things He has done establishes gratitude in our hearts and cultivates a harvest of joy and peace in our lives. Lord, help me to live a grateful life. Help me to focus on the things I have already received, rather than the things I would like to receive. Lord, put a new song of gratitude in my heart today! Amen Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment