Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Friday, March 1, 2013

Clothed in Virtue

This morning I am reading out of Colossians 3:12-14 NIV:
[12] "Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. [13] Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. [14] And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity."

This is such a beautiful set of verses. The Greek word here translated 'clothe' means to to sink into, to be enveloped by, and the root of the word is used to describe the setting sun. So if we were writing the expanded version of this verse, it would read something like this:

Therefore... be enveloped and covered, to the point where your former self is obscured from view, in compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Allow yourself to sink into these virtues, so that you are completely covered, and that is what people encounter when they meet you.

Amen Lord, help me to walk this out in my life daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment