Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Friday, March 29, 2013

His Precious Blood

Good Friday Meditation

I was thinking back over this week, and the many meditations I have had about the Blood of Jesus and realized so often I am just not conscious of the great gift His Blood is to me. I know its a bit gruesome to think of, but it also amazing to see the way the Lord has made a way, and provided forgiveness for my sins, through His own Body and Blood.

Having grown up Catholic, there was a great emphasis on communion, the receiving of Jesus Body and Blood, and I think this is right. Often times our experience of church, especially in a more evangelistic stream is all about making a decision for Christ, or asking Christ into our life, or coming forward at the invitation, to make Him our Lord and Savior. These are all very good, but they all are possible because of what Jesus went through, and because He freely offered up His Body and Blood for us, for our sins. Other times our focus is on teaching and precepts and learning to walk our Christian life out, and these are all really good, and yet they are all posvsible because of what Jesus went through for us.

I was reminded of the movie "The Passion of Christ" and how it did such a good job of portraying the incredible suffering that Jesus went through for us. We must not be quick to pass over these thoughts or images, because they help us understand the depth of Jesus love for us. We were the object of His affection, the joy set before Him for which He endured the beating, flogging, insults, abuse, and crucifixion. His blood was poured out for our sins, as an atonement. His blood was not lightly poured out, but flowed from the whip marks on His back and shoulders, the wounds on His head from the thorns, and the nail holes in His feet and His hands. I am reminded in the movie how Mary, His mother and Mary of Magdalene soaked up his blood after His flogging. I thought that was such an appropriate scene, for they seemed to recognize the value of His Blood. I am so grateful Jesus for what You suffered for me. Thank You!



Ephesians 2:13: "But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ." Thank You Lord!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reminding us Sam about the blood of Jesus. "knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, as a lamb without blemish and without spot." I Peter 1:18-19.

    ReplyDelete