Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Friday, March 8, 2013

The Apple of God's Eye!


Psalm 17:6-8 NIV
[6] "I call on you, my God, for you will answer me; turn your ear to me and hear my prayer. [7] Show me the wonders of your great love, you who save by your right hand those who take refuge in you from their foes. [8] Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings..."

I have always loved these versus from Psalm 17, as there is a confidence in David's prayer, an expectation of God's intervention and love. He knew that when he prayed to God, God would hear! He knew that God would save him, if he needed saving. He knew the place of God's favor, understanding God's special love and affection for him.

The thing that I really like is the fact that this is all true for me as well, and true for all of us! I am the apple of God's eye! I am sheltered beneath the shadow of His wings. I am the one that He listens to when I pray! This is true for each of us. God loves each of us as much as He loved David. Lord, help us to know the reality of this in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment