Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Friday, March 15, 2013

Open Eyes, Mind, and Spirit

This morning I have been reading a few verses speaking about our eyes being opened:

Luke 24:45 NIV
Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures.

Luke 24:31 NIV
Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight.

John 4:35 NIV
Don’t you have a saying, ‘It’s still four months until harvest’? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest.

This morning I am meditating on the need to have my mind and spiritual eyes opened to the reality that exists in God. So often in my daily life I am completely unaware of the things that are happening around me in the spiritual realm. I want my eyes to be opened that I might recognize the movement of the Holy Spirit, that I might recognize Christ in those around me, and the opportunity to advance the Kingdom of God that is all around me. I want Jesus to open my mind, that I might perceive Him, and His word, and understand.

Lord, You call us to follow You, to be like You, to be Your representatives. To do so effectively we need to operate in the same levels of perception and discernment. I pray that You will touch me and open my eyes, my spirit and my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment