Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Integrity On Display

This morning I am reading from Paul's letter to the Philippians, and its a single verse that took great courage and humility to write - Philippians 4:9 NIV:"Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me---put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you."

I was just thinking about the phrase "or seen in me" as it pertains to my life. I was wondering what others might see in my life and whether what they would see was worthy of imitation? Paul was able to look at his life and know that he had been a faithful witness not just in words, and active ministry, but when he was being observed in public or private, whether he knew it or not. His life had a single pursuit, and he was always pointing to Jesus, both in words and actions.

I know I am conscious of my witness, but I am certainly not to the point of being able to say - 'whatever you may have seen in me, put it into practice'. Lord, I pray that You will help me to have integrity in my words and actions, in public and in private, that my witness would be consistent, and pointing to You. I want to be the same man, whether at home, in public, in ministry, or out to eat with my family. I want to constantly give glory to You, to have integrity in all my ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment