Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Signs That Point To Him


This morning I decided to read some of Luke's Gospel and opened up to chapter 7, which is a great chapter, it includes the Centurion's servant, raising the widow's son, questions from John's disciples, and the women anointing Jesus feet with her tears. The verses that grabbed my attention were Luke 7:20-23:

[20] "When the men came to Jesus, they said, “John the Baptist sent us to you to ask, ‘Are you the one who is to come, or should we expect someone else?’ ” [21] At that very time Jesus cured many who had diseases, sicknesses and evil spirits, and gave sight to many who were blind. [22] So he replied to the messengers, “Go back and report to John what you have seen and heard: The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is proclaimed to the poor. [23] Blessed is anyone who does not stumble on account of me.”

I think this verse grabbed my attention because I think we need to understand that these signs that Jesus produced were the signs that indicated that He was the Messiah. They are also the signs of His Kingdom among us - see Matt 10:7-8. These signs are meant to be present on the earth as signs that point us towards Jesus as our Savior and King. The Kingdom of Jesus is supposed to be represented by power not just mere words - 1 Corinthians 4:20 NIV: "For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power."

If we are to properly represent the Kingdom of Jesus, we must learn to operate in the same signs and wonders that Jesus gave as evidence of His identity. There are many good sounding ideas, and theories, and other religions, but there is only One who is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, who has all authority and power. If that is who we serve, than His power and authority should be evident when we represent Him. That is how the world will know the difference between those who follow Jesus and all the other 'religions'.

Lord help us to open our minds and hearts to Your truth, that we are called to do the same works. You said, "Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves. [12] Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father." John 14:11-12!

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment