Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Just Cry Out...

This morning I felt encouraged to read Psalm 72, which starts as a prayer of David for his son Solomon, but which becomes a prophesy concerning Jesus Christ. There are some many beautiful images and promises, and the new that caught my heart and mind this morning were the following: [11] "May all kings bow down to him and all nations serve him. [12] For he will deliver the needy who cry out, the afflicted who have no one to help. [13] He will take pity on the weak and the needy and save the needy from death. [14] He will rescue them from oppression and violence, for precious is their blood in his sight."

I felt like there was a special message of hope and encouragement for those who felt oppressed, depressed, burdened, troubled, stressed, anxious, fearful, or anything other than peace, joy and hope. The Lord really does meet us in our need, in our desperation, in our weakness. He is waiting for us to cry out for He is a respecter of our free-will even in our need. He is the way, the truth, and the life. He is the light of the World. He is Love. He had defeated death, sickness and disease. He has broken every chain as set the captives free. He paid for all of us with His own body and blood, and none of us is worthy, but all are included in this gift of salvation. All we need to do is cry out....

No comments:

Post a Comment