Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Friday, February 28, 2014

His Loving Gaze

Today's verses for my meditation are from Isaiah 43:1-7 NIV:

[1] "But now, this is what the Lord says---he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.

There is a deep reality here, that Lord created me, that He formed me, and that He called me. I am not some happenstance combination from my Mother and Father, but rather planned and purposed and created. I am not the result of chance, but of deliberate choice on God's part.

[2] When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.

He is with me, in the midst of all things, sustaining me, helping me and protecting me. He doesn't mention how I got into these situations, but rather says He will be with me. I know in my life, many of the difficult situations I have been in, have been the result of decisions I made, or actions I took. Regardless, He is with me.

[3] For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I give Egypt for your ransom, Cush and Seba in your stead.

He gave His son Jesus in my stead. The life of Jesus, poured out for me, to pay the debt of my sin, so that I might be ransomed and restored to the Father.

[4] Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you, I will give people in exchange for you, nations in exchange for your life.

I am unique, and the Lord loves me as I am. I matter to the Lord. As I think of the last sentence, 'giving people in exchange', I am reminded of playing on the playground and having someone offer to trade several other people just to have me on their team. Or putting it in modern context, a football trade where one team trades 4 or 5 people, just to get me on their team. That is how much God wants me...and you.

[5] Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west.
[6] I will say to the north, ‘Give them up!’ and to the south, ‘Do not hold them back.’ Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth---

Putting this in a personal context, He will gather around me those He wants me to be part of, those whose lives interconnect with mine, who will play an important role in my life, and I in theirs. I am not meant to live on my own, but rather as a part of a group of people, both my family and friends, and brothers and sisters in the Lord. There is God's purpose in these people.

[7] everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made. ”

I am part of the 'everyone who is called, created, formed and made'. I bring God glory through my existence, through my life, through my being. His desire is for me, and as I come into that relationship with Him, I bring Him glory.

As I am sitting here on my couch, the light of the rising sun just hit me, and I realized that even that small detail does not pass unnoticed by God. He is intimately aware of everything about me, of every moment and every thought and action. He thought of me, created and formed me, and wants me to be a part of His team, His family, His friends, His intimates. He doesn't miss anything in my life, my birthdays, my big games, plays or concerts, or any single moment of my life whether I am awake or asleep. I am reminded of holding my daughter in my arms when she was first born, and it didn't matter what she was doing, I was just happy to hold her and gaze upon her, amazed at the love I had for her. That is how I imagine the Lord looks at me every day, every moment, with a loving gaze, full of love for who I am, and full of anticipation for who I will become.

No comments:

Post a Comment