Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day - I am Blessed


A fitting set of verses for today from Proverbs 31:10-12, 15, 20, 22, 25-31 NIV:

[10] "A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.
[11] Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.
[12] She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.
[15] She gets up while it is still night; she provides food for her family and portions for her female servants.
[20] She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy.
[22] She makes coverings for her bed (I assume this means quilting); she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
[25] She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.
[26] She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
[27] She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.
[28] Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:
[29] “Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.”
[30] Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
[31] Honor her for all that her hands have done, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate."

I must say that I am exceptionally blessed to have both a Mother and a wife who have noble character, and have blessed me and loved me.

My mother has been a great source of inspiration in my life. She is one who worked everyday to feed and nourish her family, who was always there to love and comfort us, who taught us the value of family, the value of discipline and dedication, creativity in the kitchen, successful parenting. She sewed, cooked, cleaned, did the laundry, often in less than modern environments, and yet she always amazed me with her consistency, strength and love. Much of who I am today is because of my mother. Thank You Mom!

The rest of my refinement is due to my lovely wife, and mother of my children. She is truly one in a gazillion, and I am forever blessed. I am so blessed to have a wife who continues to amaze me daily with her love and care, her capacity for love and affection for all, her smile and generosity, her peaceful and sweet spirit, her dedication and loyalty, her strength and endurance, her listening and empathy, her love for the Lord, her sense of humor and willingness to laugh at herself, her care and concern for our children, her support of me, her encouragement, her resiliency, and her lovable personality. I have been married to her more than half my life and I couldn't be happier. Thank You sweetheart for all you do!

Thank You Lord for the gift of these amazing women in my life. I am a better man because of them, and I am blessed beyond measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment