Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Monday, May 19, 2014

Purveyors of Hope

Recently we got together with some friends and talked, catching up on each others lives. As the night wore on the conversation was a bit depressing, as we caught up on people, and revealed the pain and brokenness around us affecting so many. At one point my friend asked, "and what can we do about it?". Which I think is exactly the right question we should be asking. What can one person do to make a difference?

I think for me the answer is to be a beacon of hope and a fountain of life, God's life, to those I meet and those I know. We talked yesterday about a renewed mind being the ability to see things from God's perspective. When we are confronted with the pain and sorrow, we need to see it from His perspective, and then speak of the life and hope that He has for that person. Sometimes, it just takes a different perspective.

God never sees a hopeless situation, He never sees defeat or an unalterable situation, for He is the God of the impossible. In James 4:2b, he writes "You do not have because you do not ask God." That is what I must learn to do, when confronted with the hopeless, distraught, hurting, wounded, or depressed, I must learn to ask for God's perspective. That is what we must learn to do for each other, so that we can bring that light of hope, the change of mind-set.

We are called to be purveyors of hope, carriers of the Word of God, bringing His perspective! We must learn to ask "how does God see this situation?" And then speak that forth. We don't need to have the answers, we just need to introduce the One that does! As purveyors of hope we bring the belief that things can change, that things can be different. We bring to light God's belief that all can be saved and redeemed, and He is able. When Jesus was talking to the disciples about their not understanding, after having seen Him multiply the loves and fishes to feed thousands, He was encouraging them to start looking at life and the situations the way His Father did, for to Him all things are possible (Mark 8:17-21).

So I am encouraged today, to endeavor to look at the world, the people around me and to see with God's eyes, and to then speak that which I see from God's perspective. He is the God who loves us, who cares for us, and who is capable of all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment