Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Friday, October 3, 2014

Living Up To What We Have Attained

This morning I am reading from Paul's letter to the Philippians 3:15-16 NIV:

[15] "All of us, then, who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. [16] Only let us live up to what we have already attained."

These verses are pretty simple to understand, yet significant. I personally have needed to hear that the Lord would help me to think correctly (Paul's meaning at the end of verse 15) more than a few times. There are many teachers out there, and many who teach things not totally in line with the teachings and life of Christ. It is good to know, that the Lord will guide us to the truth as we continue to pursue Him. He will bring correction to the way we think, help us to see where our thoughts are different than His and bring us into alignment if we are open to His correction. For me this means taking a humble approach, always understanding that in some way, or on some point I may not have clarity or think correctly. I am under no false impression that I have everything figured out, and see that approach dangerously prideful.

The second verse (16) is also simple yet full of meaning. What we have already attained is the rich statement, for in many ways we cannot even begin to grasp the reality of what we have attained in Christ.

In Him we have already attained eternal life, who can possibly grasp the fullness of that!

We are, in Christ, co-heirs of God and our inheritance is rich beyond understanding.

In Christ, we are part of the Body of Christ, belonging to each other and His representatives here on earth.

In Christ, all our sins have been paid for, and any debt of sin cancelled, for Jesus took all the punishment upon Himself.

In Christ we have power over sin, the evil one and death, for He defeated all, and as members of His body we walk in His authority!

In Christ, we can minister healing, deliverance, cleansing, forgiveness, miracles, signs and wonders, and even raise the dead!

So yes, let us live up to what we have already attained for it is Glorious!

No comments:

Post a Comment