Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Living A Life Of Favor

I woke up yesterday morning thinking about being in the Lord's favor.  I know this is a really significant message for me, and really for all of us.  It is about our true identity in Him.

Lord, I ask that You will lead me in this area and fill me with understanding of what this all means.  It is so critical that we all understand who we really are!  Lord, I know that You desire more than anything that we would walk in this, for when we do, we effectively represent You to the World.

I understand, ever so slightly, that favor has to do with authority, and access.  I imagine that learning to walk in my true identity means I will have greater responsibility, but also greater authority and reach.  You desire sons and daughters who can effectively and accurately represent You here Lord.  As Your Kingdom increases, You need Kingdom representatives to guide and direct and bring the new members of the Kingdom to a place of maturity (Kind of like how a company, when they open up new territory, needs to have representatives cover that new territory).

I also understand that much of the demonstration of the Kingdom realities comes from a place of identity, having faith in the authority that has been given, and understanding how to operate within, and with that authority.  Authority without a proper heart attitude leads to abuses of that authority.  That is where the servants heart comes in, authority is supposed to be for service, not ruling over a group.  Authority and representation are all about the care and nurturing of our fellow brothers and sisters, bringing them to a place of maturity.  It is not to boss them around and make them do stuff.  It is not to create mini-me's, but rather sons and daughters after the heart of the Father.

I go back to Jesus' statement in Mark 10:42-45 NIV:

[42] "Jesus called them together and said, “You know that those who are regarded as rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. [43] Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, [44] and whoever wants to be first must be slave of all. [45] For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

Also His statement about children in Matthew 19:13-15 NIV:

[13] "Then people brought little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked them. [14] Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” [15] When he had placed his hands on them, he went on from there."

And the explanation of the 5-fold ministries in Ephesians 4:11-16 NIV:

[11] "So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, [12] to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up [13] until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ."

[14] "Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming. [15] Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ. [16] From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work."

It is for works of service that we are called to a place of maturity (V12).  We are all called to a place of service, but not as servants, but as sons and daughters.  Think of it like this,  we are helping the Father run the family business.  We are supposed to represent Him, and His primary characteristics, to those around us.  He is a God of mercy, compassion, love and faithfulness (Ex 34:6). He loves sinners and had sent His Son to redeem them, that all might be reconciled and restored to rightful relationship with Him (John 3:16-17, Rom 5:10) .  We are His representatives in this endeavour - His ambassadors of reconciliation (2 Cor 5:20).

Amen Lord!  Help me to fully grasp and live this in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment