Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Hope for Today

NIV)Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

As I was praying this morning, I was drawn to this passage, speaking of the hope. I very much like the title for God in that first line - the God of Hope. So often we look for hope in other places, from other sources, but God is the God of Hope. All hope that is real comes from Him. He is our Provider, our Protector, our King and Lord, our Father, our Master and our Friend. Each of those titles bring with them care and concern for us.

As we learn to put our trust in Him, as our true source of hope, He will fill us with joy and peace. There is a transaction that is made there - we give Him our anxiety, our difficult situations, and worries and He gives us joy and peace. Ultimately His desire is that our hope literally overflows us, and spills all over others.

I am reminded of one of my favorite verses from the Gospel of Matthew.

(NIV)Matthew 11:28-30
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. [29] Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. [30] For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

If you need hope today, turn to the God of Hope and let Him trade your worries and problems for joy and peace, hope overflowing and rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment