Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Monday, September 24, 2012

Obedience And Unbelief

I have been reading Smith Wigglesworth and one of the other things that Smith was talking about was how our obedience to the Lord is an expression of both our relationship with Jesus and faith in Him. This morning I am reading from 1 John 2: 3-6

(NIV)1 John 2:3-6
[3] We know that we have come to know him if we keep his commands. [4] Whoever says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person. [5] But if anyone obeys his word, love for God is truly made complete in them. This is how we know we are in him: [6] Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did.

These verses clearly indicate the connection between our relationship to the Lord and obedience to His Word. I am also reminded of another verse from John's Gospel:

(NIV)John 15:9-14
“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. [10] If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. [11] I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. [12] My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. [13] Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. [14] You are my friends if you do what I command.

There is clearly a tie between our following the Lord's commands and maintaining our relationship with Him. This is not some sort of works mentlity, but rather an issue of belief. If we truly believe that Jesus is the Son of God, then we would do everything He tells us to do! Our particular fear of man, or uncomfortable feelings would not be enough to dissuade us from obeying.

Lord help me to walk in accordance with Your will.

No comments:

Post a Comment