Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Friday, September 7, 2012

The God Who Acts on Our Behalf

This morning I have been hanging out in the book of Isaiah and reading for a couple of different chapters. The theme has been around God's uniqueness.

(NIV)Isaiah 44:6-8
“This is what the Lord says---Israel’s King and Redeemer, the Lord Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God. [7] Who then is like me? Let him proclaim it. Let him declare and lay out before me what has happened since I established my ancient people, and what is yet to come---yes, let them foretell what will come. [8] Do not tremble, do not be afraid. Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago? You are my witnesses. Is there any God besides me? No, there is no other Rock; I know not one.”

(NIV)Isaiah 64:3-4
For when you did awesome things that we did not expect, you came down, and the mountains trembled before you. [4] Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for him.

Yes, Lord, this no other God like You. You do act on ur behalf, if we but wait and rest and trust You will move. What a glorious experience, to have You intervene for us. Lord, we know that in the same way that You moved to provide for Your people, and the way that You protected them is still available to us today. You are not a God who is far off, rather You are right here. Holy Spirit You dwell within me, and guide me and give me life. Help me to wait and trust in You, here on the Rock, that is Your word.

No comments:

Post a Comment