Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Friday, September 28, 2012

Saved Completely

This morning I felt led to read from the letter to the Hebrews.

(NIV)Hebrews 7:24-26
...but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. [25] Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them. [26] Such a high priest truly meets our need---one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens.

(NIV)Hebrews 8:1-2
Now the main point of what we are saying is this: We do have such a high priest, who sat down at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in heaven, [2] and who serves in the sanctuary, the true tabernacle set up by the Lord, not by a mere human being.

In reading these few verses, I am reminded of the true reality, that Jesus really is sitting on the Throne in Heaven, interceeding for me, interceeding for us all. He truly is able to save us completely.

The Greek word for completely in this verse is Panteles, pronounced: pan-tel-ace'
Definition 1. all complete, perfect 2. completely, perfectly, utterly.

The Greek word for save is Sozo, pronounced: sode'-zo
Definition
1. to save, keep safe and sound, to rescue from danger or destruction a. one (from injury or peril) 1. to save a suffering one (from perishing), i.e. one suffering from disease, to make well, heal, restore to health
2. to preserve one who is in danger of destruction, to save or rescue b. to save in the technical biblical sense.

So in summary, Jesus is able to save us completely, perfectly, utterly, and this means not just our souls, but our bodies from sickness and disease and affliction as well. Amen Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment