Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Between The Father and The Son


I was reading from PS 109 & 110.

(NIV)Psalm 109:30-31
With my mouth I will greatly extol the Lord; in the great throng of worshipers I will praise him. [31] For he stands at the right hand of the needy, to save their lives from those who would condemn them.

(NIV)Psalm 110:1
The Lord says to my lord: “Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet.”

I remember Bob Sorge was talking about these verses, and how he was reading one day and the Lord put these two verses together, and when you do, it puts you right in between the Father and the Son, for in PS 109:31 it says that He stands at the right hand of the needy, and Psalm 110, The Father says to the Son, sit at my right hand, so between them is the needy person. Lord, I believe that the intimacy you invite us into, is this close. You desire us to dwell in your very presence, less then an arms breadth away. I am reminded of PS 91:

(NIV)Psalm 91:4
He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

What a wonderful word for those days we are feeling distant from God, and also for those days we are feeling His loving presence nearby. We are precious to Him, and He will protect us, and continually invite us into that place of intimacy. Amen Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment