Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Monday, October 1, 2012

The World And All That Is In It...


(NIV)Psalm 50:10-15
...for every animal of the forest is mine, and the cattle on a thousand hills. [11] I know every bird in the mountains, and the insects in the fields are mine. [12] If I were hungry I would not tell you, for the world is mine, and all that is in it. [13] Do I eat the flesh of bulls or drink the blood of goats? [14] “Sacrifice thank offerings to God, fulfill your vows to the Most High, [15] and call on me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me.”

I just love the last half of verse 12 - ..."for the world is mine, and all that is in it!" There is such assurance in that statement. Everything in this world is His. As co-heirs with Christ (Rom 8:17), His adopted children who cry "Abba, Father" (Rom 8:15), we have access to this great treasure. This is not for our enjoyment and use only, but to bring Him glory.

In Genesis, God's original plan for man and woman is outlined in the first chapter: (NIV)Genesis 1:27-28
So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. [28] God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground. ”

There is in this statement, an authority and rule over everything on the earth given to man. When man fell, he transferred that authority and rule over to the enemy. When Jesus came and died on the cross and was resurrected, authority over everything was restored to Him (Eph 1:20-22) Now through Him, we are being restored to the role God originally gave man. This is only accomplished through Jesus and the in-dwelling of the Holy Spirit, as Paul clearly writes in Romans. The restoration to right order is part of the culmination of God's purpose for the earth.

(NIV)Romans 8:19-21
For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. [20] For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope [21] that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.

I know I don't grasp the reality of this all, but it certainly grabs my attention and imagination. What would this earth be like if it was freed from its bondage to decay, and brought into freedom and glory? The first thing that enters my mind is the garden of Eden. Wow!

Lord, let us walk in Thanksgiving and in proper relationship with You, experiencing the fullness of all You desire to give us, for Your glory! We pray that rather than using and abusing creation for our own purposes, we step into our proper role as Your sons and daughters, through Christ. Help us to start in the place of thanksgiving, and deeper relationship with You.

No comments:

Post a Comment