Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Generous On Every Occasion


(NIV)2 Corinthians 9:6, 10-11
[6] Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.
[10] Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. [11] You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.

I like these verses as they remind me who actually is the provider. So often I can somehow take some ownership of my provision, when in reality it all comes from Him. The promise of increased righteousness, increased seed, and enrichment in every way is awesome.

As I was reading this I was thinking of the ways in which I am not generous in every occasion. I think I am most ungenerous with my time and attention. So often my reaction when seeing someone in need, or something that will require my time, is that I will walk on by because whatever I am focused on presently seems to me to be more important, but usually I am just being selfish. I don't want to take out of "my time", and waste it.

Lord, I think about Your life and You always made time for each person that came to you. The disciples tried to keep people away so You would not be bothered, but You always stopped and met them - Matt 19:13-14 (little children) and Mark 10:46-52 (Bartimeaus). Lord, help me to take time for Your people, so that I might be generous on every occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment