Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fresh Revelation

This morning I was reading out of Proverbs:

(NIV)Proverbs 29:18
Where there is no revelation, people cast off restraint; but blessed is the one who heeds wisdom’s instruction.

We must have continued revelation in our lives, for without the active word of God in our lives, we do lose our sense of its applicability. It becomes like an old book, of old rules that don't apply to us.

We must continually feed on the Word, daily seeking the Lord's revelation. Paul writes in His letter to Timothy: (NIV)1 Timothy 4:13 "Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching." On the other side of this command to Timothy would be the role of most of us people, namely to be listening to the Word, reading it daily, listening to teachers and preachers, pursuing God's revelation for our lives.

Amen Lord! May we never tire of pursuing Your fresh revelation.

No comments:

Post a Comment