Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Immeasurably More


(NIV)Ephesians 3:20-21
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, [21] to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

What an incredible statement, God is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine... I can ask for very much and imagine very much, and yet not come close to God's abilities. God chooses to display Hs abilities through us - "according to His power that is at work within us". Our invitation is to allow the Lord's power to work through us to expand our understanding of His abilities, and plans, increasing our capacity to ask and imagine, so that He can continue to be glorified through the Church!

Lord You desire so much more for us than we can imagine, and yet most of us settle for less than mediocracy. Help us to break out of our limited expectations and unbelief and start believing You for immeasurably more than we can ask or even imagine. We want to see You glorified in the church!

Lord, expand our understanding! Help us to see how wide, deep, long and high Your love for us truly is!

No comments:

Post a Comment