Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Thursday, October 4, 2012

A New Heart and Spirit


This morning I have been meditating on my inability to follow the ways of the Lord. I am so often unable or unwilling to do those things that I know I should be doing. As i was thinking about this and praying, the Lord reminded me of a couple of passages.

(NIV)Jeremiah 31:31, 33
“The days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah. [33] “This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel after that time,” declares the Lord. “I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.

Lord, thank You for this promise. I pray that You will write Your law on my heart, and put it in my mind.

(NIV)Ezekiel 36:24-30
“ ‘For I will take you out of the nations; I will gather you from all the countries and bring you back into your own land. [25] I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. [26] I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. [27] And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. [28] Then you will live in the land I gave your ancestors; you will be my people, and I will be your God. [29] I will save you from all your uncleanness. I will call for the grain and make it plentiful and will not bring famine upon you. [30] I will increase the fruit of the trees and the crops of the field, so that you will no longer suffer disgrace among the nations because of famine.

Yes, Lord, I ask for this new heart and a new spirit in me! That I might follow You completely. That You would put Your Spirit in me and move on me to help me walk out Your perfect will for me! I want to glorify Your name with my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment