Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Do Unto Others With a Twist


This morning I felt encouraged to read Matthew 7:7-12 NIV:

[7] “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. [8] For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. [9] “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? [10] Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? [11] If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! [12] So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets."

Yesterday, we were talking about how the Lord wants to touch people through us, whether through a kind word, a timely gift, encouragement, or even a word of knowledge or prayer for healing. We were discussing how sometimes its hard to get outside ourselves, and just connect with those around us. We discussed how operating in the presence of the Holy Spirit was so different than just stepping out in random evangelism. If we learn to operate in the Spirit, the Lord can allow us to have a significant impact on those we meet. I liken it to giving away the riches of the richest father on earth.

As I was reading the verses above, I was interested in how the verse in Matthew about doing unto others, follows the verses on a asking the Father for good things. I am convinced that we can and should read them together, as what we should be asking the Father for are things to give away to others, rather than always for ourselves. There is clearly a promise from the Father that if we ask, seek and knock, He will provide. So Lord, I ask that You would open up our lives with opportunities to minister Your goodness, mercy and compassion to those around us, loving people the way we would like to be loved. Bringing mercy, compassion, forgiveness and life to those we meet.

Yes, Lord use us to break into this world with Your love.


No comments:

Post a Comment