Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Pursuing Our Dreams


This morning I have thinking about fulfilling dreams, and as I turned to the Bible, I thought I should read from James 2:14-17 NIV:

'What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? [15] Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. [16] If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? [17] In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead."

This morning as I was reading these verses, I thought about how the Lord gives us dreams, callings in our life. He has a plan for us, and usually these dreams and callings are meant to lead us toward the fulfillment of His plans and purposes for us! He is good and has good plans. The problem for many of us is that our dreams remain unfulfilled out of fear, or inaction.

Taking a bold step, I have replaced the word 'faith' with 'dreams', and 'deeds' with 'action' where necessary, in a few of the verses from above, as I think it also communicates the Lords heart for us!

My paraphrase would read like this - What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have dreams but takes no action... In the same way, a dream by itself, if t is not accompanied by action, is dead.

So my encouragement this morning is to take action to fulfill my dreams, to not just sit and wonder what life might be like, to not quake in fear at the unknown that might occur, but to take action and pursue that which lies deep in my heart and mind. I mean to press into those dreams, and pursue them with action.
Lord, give me hope and the courage to pursue those dreams, those callings You have placed in my life. Help us all to take action and follow our dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment