Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Jesus Our Mediator


This morning I am reading from Hebrews 9:12-15 NIV:

"He (Jesus) did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, thus obtaining eternal redemption. [13] The blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that they are outwardly clean. [14] How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!

[15] For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance---now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant."

I know I have read this before, about Jesus being the mediator of the new new covenant, but this morning a new thought struck me. Namely that Jesus is the mediator, because its His blood that was use to establish this NEW covenant. Its His blood that cleanses us and purchases forgiveness of sins. That is why He is the mediator, without Him, without His blood we don't have this new covenant. That is also why we are called to come to Jesus, to ask forgiveness, and have Him apply His blood to us, that we might join ourselves to this new covenant. We don't need to fear approaching Jesus, for He has paid for all sin, bit we DO need to approach Him, for it was His sacrifice alone that set us free. He is the mediator, the one who came to earth and becomes the way to the Father.

Thank You Lord, once again for Your sacrifice, and the invitation You extend to us all, to join in this new covenant of forgiveness of sins, freedom, and eternal life

No comments:

Post a Comment