Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Friday, August 22, 2014

His Plans Are Better

I spent this morning reading through 2 Chronicles 14-20, which details the lives of two of the kings of Judah, Asa and Jehoshaphat, and how they pursued the Lord. Both did right before the Lord and followed His ways. However, Asa at one point was threatened with war and went and aligned himself with the king of Aram, rather than inquiring of the Lord what he should do (2 Chron 16). His plan was successful, but because he relied on the help of man, rather than God, other countries were not afraid to attack him.

Jehoshaphat on the other hand continually sought the Lord, and at one point was threatened with war, and he directed all leaders and the people of Judah to wait on the Lord and depend on Him for instruction. The Lord honored their prayers and told them exactly what to do and where to fight the enemy. When they followed the Lord's directions they never even had to draw their weapons for the Lord had wiped out the opposing armies (2 Chron 20). They recovered much from the enemies camps, and because God had fought for them, all the surrounding countries decided it wasn't a good idea to fight Judah, and they had peace.

So, I guess the lesson this morning is turn to the Lord and seek His guidance, regardless of whether we think we have a solution, God's ways are better. His ways are meant to bring us peace and prosperity. I know I am often tempted to just make decisions based on my own abilities, and not consult the Lord, but I know that He does have direction and guidance for me that is based on His plan and His perspective, which are perfect. So I can choose to try and figure it out on my own, or go with His plans which will always be better than mine. Put that way it doesn't seem like much of a decision, yet I fail to seek the Lord time and time again. Lord, help us to look to You, to wait on You and to trust that Your plan is better, and worth waiting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment