Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Preaching Through Love

This morning I am reading from Romans 10:14-15 NIV:

[14] "How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? [15] And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”

This is such a simple encouragement to be those that are willing to be sent, and willing to preach. Many will disqualify themselves saying they were not sent to preach. That is true for many of us, as our call is not to full-time ministry, apostleship or teaching or even evangelism. We are however encouraged to, "Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us." 1 Peter 2:12. Paul encourages us similarly to, "Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky." Philippians 2:14-15 NIV.

Our lives are meant to be a witness to those around us of our relationship with the Lord. We are all called in this instance to represent to the world the love of Christ, evident in our daily lives. We don't have to preach, teach, or cause all conversations to turn to Christ, but we are all called to, "Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." John 13:34-35.

So, let us preach with our lives, our faith in the one who loves us first, Jesus, so that those who have never heard, hear and believe.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment