Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Saturday, March 14, 2020

Let Our Love and Peace Be A Light

In light of all the craziness and panic that is filling the world, my prayer is that the church, and that means the people of faith, would be a light to the world around them!  That we might rest in the peace of Christ, and in so doing be ministers of peace and love.

Here are just a couple of the verses I have been reflecting upon this morning.

An appropriate psalm for today - Psalm 91:1-16 NIV:

[1] "Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
[2] I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” 
[3] Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence. 
[4] He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
[5] You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day,
[6] nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday. 
[7] A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.
[8] You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.
[9] If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,” and you make the Most High your dwelling,
[10] no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent.
[11] For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;
[12] they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
[13] You will tread on the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
[14] “Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
[15] He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.
[16] With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation. ” 


A couple of other verses that come to mind.

John 13:34-35 NIV: 

[34] “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. [35] By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”


Matthew 5:13-16 NIV:

[13] “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot."

[14] “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. [15] Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. [16] In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."


Matthew 11:28-30 NIV:

[28] “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. [29] Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. [30] For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”


Let us not lose our peace, and thus lose that which differentiates us from the world. 

Let us love one another, as Jesus loved us, laying down our lives for one another.

Let us reach out in this time of fear and panic, and speak words of peace and comfort.

Let our light, the light of Christ, shine brightly in this dark time.

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment