Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Sunday, March 1, 2020

The Heavenly Court is Seated!

This morning I am reflecting on some verses from the Book of the Prophet Daniel 7:9-14 NIV

[9]  “As I looked, “thrones were set in place, and the Ancient of Days took his seat. His clothing was as white as snow; the hair of his head was white like wool. His throne was flaming with fire, and its wheels were all ablaze. [10] A river of fire was flowing, coming out from before him. Thousands upon thousands attended him; ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him. The court was seated, and the books were opened.

[11] “Then I continued to watch because of the boastful words the horn was speaking. I kept looking until the beast was slain and its body destroyed and thrown into the blazing fire. [12] (The other beasts had been stripped of their authority, but were allowed to live for a period of time.)

[13] “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. [14] He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed."


This is such an amazing glimpse of the Heavenly realm, and such an awesome perspective of the Glory of the Father and Jesus, the Son of Man!  I love this statement, "His dominion is an everlasting dominion!"  His rule, His laws, His nature and character are in place and sovereign over us forever!  What a blessed Kingdom, what a blessed people, who are under this King's rule and reign!

As I read through these verses, two things stood out to me.  First, verses 11 and 12 seem to be related (at least to me this morning) to God speaking judgement over the Coronvirus.  Make no mistake, He is sovereign over everything, even disease and viruses.  I felt like He was judging this virus and will break its power and that it would no longer have the ability to instill fear.

Lastly, the verse that has me thinking this morning is the last line of verse 10, "the court was seated, and the books were opened."  This statement is directly related to what follows, the judging of the boastful words of the horn and the beast Daniel had seen.  Daniel, in his vision asks for clarification and is given more understanding, which we find in the following verses.  Here is the explanation he was given concerning seating of the court - Daniel 7:26-27 NIV:

[26] “ 'But the court will sit, and his power will be taken away and completely destroyed forever. [27] Then the sovereignty, power and greatness of all the kingdoms under heaven will be handed over to the holy people of the Most High. His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all rulers will worship and obey him.'"

When the court sits, it is time for judgment to be released.  It is time for that which must bow before God, to do so!  The court has the ability to strip the power and destroy forever that which is putting itself forward as a power and authority over the earth.  I can think of several such things that seem to be falsely exalted in our day, such as this new Coronavirus, cancer, aids, ebola, science as a final authority, and the wisdom of man.  All of these will bow to the sovereignty of the Son of God!  Oh that the Court of Heaven would sit and pronounce judgment today!

Amen and Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment