Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Thursday, June 1, 2023

Clothe Yourselves With Jesus


This morning I felt led to read from Romans, Chapter 13.  While there are a few things that I could reflect on in this chapter, the last line was what stood out.  Here is the last paragraph for context - Romans 13:11-14 NIV:

[11] "And do this, understanding the present time: The hour has already come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. [12] The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. [13] Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in carousing and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy. [14] Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the flesh."

The idea of clothing ourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ is such a perfect picture of how our Christian witness should impact our life.  Our representation of Christ should be the first thing that people notice about us!  

Wow, that is a real challenge!


That got me thinking, what do people first notice about me?

What did people first notice about Jesus?

How can I learn to emulate and embrace the Lord's heart and attitude towards others?

How can I learn to take time for others, see them as He sees them?

How can I look at and speak to others the way Jesus did?

How am I able to more clearly hear the Father's direction, so that my actions and words are from Him?

What about my present persona is not of Jesus?

How can I change to more effectively bear witness to Him, without it becoming religious?


Lord, there is much to think about here!  Help me to learn to clothe myself in You, to represent You in all I say and do throughout the day!  I do want people's first experience of me to be You!

Amen and Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment