Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Acting on What We Hear

I was recently reading Matt 7, and verse 24 caught my eye, 24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock." Jesus is speaking and puts an emphasis on not only listening, but putting what we hear into practice!  So often God's word to me goes in one ear and out the other.  Sometimes its because of fear of man, sometimes because I don't want to be inconvenienced, others just plain rebellion.


Jesus is calling us to put His words into action.  In other words - to act on what we hear - now! As we act on these words, we will develop a foundation of Truth that will sustain us through troubles, difficulty and life.  He is the Rock we can trust Him - and when our life is built on Him, we will overcome all.  This only happens if we hear and act!!


Isaiah 26:4 says it well: "Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD himself, is the Rock eternal"

No comments:

Post a Comment