Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Saturday, February 19, 2011

It's Never Too Late

Continuing my reflection on Luke 7 verses 11-15, I was thinking of the widow's perspective.  Her only source of income and care (her only son) has died.  He is probably dead at least a day if not more, and they are preparing to bury him.  The widow is weeping, clearly in mourning, but there is something more.  Possibly, she had no other family, and would be forced to beg for sustenance. Maybe her hope for the future was in that casket too. Whatever the reality, she was clearly devastated.

Suddenly, Jesus appears!  In a moment, her life is completely restored.  Salvation came to her and her son, even though he was dead.  Apparently, even death is not as final as we think.  Jesus' word can penetrate death and speak life and restoration into the situation.

This gives me great hope for those situations that seem hopeless.  People who think they are too far gone for God to reach them, family members who seem beyond the reach of God's love, even those who have passed away without apparently knowing Jesus as their salvation!  God's word can reach beyond death, beyond the grave (in Lazarus's instance) and bring life.

What an awesome truth - God can and will save, even if it seems too late!

No comments:

Post a Comment