Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Monday, February 21, 2011

The Father is Pleased to Give You The Kingdom

I was reading Luke 12: 22-34 and was thinking about God's provision, and how we often times try to take on that role - that of provider.  I know, especially for me, this is a sensitive area.  I am called as a husband and father to work to provide for my family, and this can become a trap of worry and concern. 


Having been laid-off three times, I know the anxiety of not being able to provide for my family.  In the midst of that time, God reminded me of the fact that He is the provider and if I put my trust in Him, rather than my skills and contacts, that He would provide.  In fact, if you look at verse 33 - He is pleased to provide for us - everything in the Kingdom!  God is not a begrudging provider, but rather a joyful provider.  


One time, I was praying while laid-off and I had the distinct impression that the Lord was waiting like a parent on Christmas morning waits for their children to experience the gifts they have given them.  I felt that He was excited for me to experience His provision!   That image of Him really helps me approach Him with needs (whether physical, spiritual or emotional) - knowing that He is overjoyed to provide.


God truly is pleased to give us the Kingdom! 


Thank you God - for all your gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment